Educated in underground Luxembourg. Blooded on the streets of Nicaragua. Lingerie modelled for Victoria’s Momma’s Secret before inventing the expression ‘perfect ego’. Regularly plays tennis with Johnny Cash’s niece and wrote the best-selling self-help book ‘You’re A Great Lock – Now Be A Better One.’ Need we say more?
- SHACKLE: 13mm hardened steel shackle
- WEIGHT: 1.1Kg
- DIMENSIONS: 200 x 130 x 35mm
- MATERIALS: Silicone overmoulded plated hardened steel U-lock
- Security Rating: 90/100
- Body: Investment cast steel, with compression moulded silicone outer. Injection moulded engineering plastic, UV painted exterior
- Scratch Protection: The entire inner perimeter of the Strongman is overmoulded with UV- resistant silicone rubber. This material provides a non-toxic solution against scratches and dints on your bike.
- Secure Mechanical Assembly: The main advantage to a single-piece investment cast lock housing is that it forms a highly-secure mechanical assembly by reducing available points of leverage.
- Double Dead-lock: Double locking mechanism secures both sides of the shackle, providing a robust, high security solution by ensuring the shackle cant be cut once and twisted open.
- Lock Barrel Security: High security disk style lock barrel, designed for a minimum of 5000 key combinations.
- U-shackle security: Heat-treated specifically to create balance between hardness (cutting resistance) and toughness (for tensile and impact resistance).
- Mount Bracket: Colour matched mounting bracket for your bike. It has a user-friendly ratchet mechanism with an extra-wide, tough, rubberised fabric strap suitable for secure frame-mounting. The attachment strap is wound internally via the use of an allen key. This keeps your bike tidy by omitting any stray, loose ends.
- Key Replacement: 3 x ultra strong high security keys. Each Strongman is provided with a unique key code. This is fully traceable through Knog if you happen to lose your keys.
- Please note that replacement keys can be obtained from Knog at a cost of $25 for 1 key and $25 for 2 keys plus postage and handling. Due to high manufacturing costs we can no longer offer the first key free.
- Packaging: The Strongman packaging is made from 100% recyclable material.
- Testing: We subject our locks range to a vast array of environmental tests to ensure they are fit for purpose for everyday use. These procedures are undertaken during research and development through to prototype and manufacture. These include: Drop Tests, Impact Tests, Corrosion Testing, Vibration Testing, Extreme Temperature Testing, Cycle Testing.
- Accreditations: Our Strongman U-Locks have been tested and certified by renowned European Agencies for reliability performance. Although there are no official legislations to comply with, we undertake certification testing to assure our customers that the Strongman is suitably designed for deterence against theft, and can be covered by insurance where possible. Strongman has received a 3-star accreditation from ART and a Gold rating from Sold Secure.