Learn more about cookies
0. BEFORE YOU DIVE FOR THE FIRST TIME, REPLACE THE O-RING...
1. Using cloth, wipe the new “O-ring” seal and seal groove in the battery door.
2. Apply tiny amount of lubricant to seal, covering all surfaces.
3. Replace existing seal on battery door with new lubricated seal.
4. Discard the existing seal. But only this one seal - the 3 new seals enclosed can be kept and used on a rolling basis – i.e. replace a with b, then b with c, then c with a etc.
1. The plastic tab on the back of the battery is pretty handy for removing the seal.
2. Ensure there are no twists in the seal. It must be flat and even to ensure waterproofing.
3. Lubricate seal once every 10 dives or once per week, whichever occurs first.
4. Best storage for qudos is with the O-ring seal removed and the battery door closed.
5. But if seal is not removed, and the door has been closed for more than 1 month (i.e. qudos hasn’t been used), the seal should be changed.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD TRANSLATIONS
WHY DO I NEED TO REPLACE MY O-RING SEAL? The latest o-rings used for qudos are designed to retain their shape to keep the unit waterproof to even deeper depths. But the longer any o-ring is put under pressure, the harder it is to bounce back, and therefore maintain the same level of waterproof efficiency. So, not only have we improved the o-ring to NBR (nitrile butadiene rubber) but we have provided some detailedcare instructions to keep your qudos waterproof.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I CHANGE MY O-RING SEAL? To be extra safe, take these new o-rings and swap them out every month, lubricating each time. This will make sure the o-rings are not pressed out of shape, which is, in theory, possible after a few months.